Thursday, October 9, 2014

Alice in Wonderland- Cinema








Alice, an unpretentious and individual 19-year-old, is betrothed to a dunce of an English nobleman. At her engagement party, she escapes the crowd to consider whether to go through with the marriage and falls down a hole in the garden after spotting an unusual rabbit. Arriving in a strange and surreal place called "Underland," she finds herself in a world that resembles the nightmares she had as a child, filled with talking animals, villainous queens and knights, and frumious bandersnatches. Alice realizes that she is there for a reason--to conquer the horrific Jabberwocky and restore the rightful queen to her throne.

There are a variety of shots incorporated into the movie like eye level, medium, close up and wide shots.

Color is a large part of Burton's camera mastery. He shoots in over saturated and under saturated color, to help add to the Gothic mystery or surreal and dreamlike states.

Computer generated imagery are used to create scenes or special effects.

This fantasy movie was directed by Tim Burton. The film was shot in the United Kingdom and the United States.

I choose this movie because everyone has seen Alice in Wonderland but it is very interesting how they remade the film.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhh....I so totally love Alice in Wonderland! I have always loved the story, but I must say this movie was not my favorite version of this story. But, Johnny Depp was in it so I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my favorite version either but the perception of everything through technology is cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great choice, expecially with her falling down the hole. It is what our instructor wanted us to pic. It took me a long time to find something. Technology can be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story, the movie version was ok, I think it was much more "darker" than the actual story of course, but I enjoyed the effects and makeup used that was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the original of this movie. I have not had the chance to see the new updated one. I bet the effects are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i get scared with this kind of movies..since i was a child lol so i haven't seen any of them! jeje but i miiiight give it a try just for you lol

    ReplyDelete